Monday, June 3, 2019

Health and Safety

Health and Safety: Risk Assessment

1. Using filming equipment creates hazards because things such as wires can become a risk if people trip over them such as a battery charger. A hazard that this creates is harm to any person who may be walking through King Edward VI College, students, staff and visitors so I will need to be very careful during filming to ensure the safety of others around me and be aware of the risks myself. This could cause injury to any person who trips over the wire and could cause damage to the camera equipment needed to carry out filming. To prevent this from happening I will make sure that the camera battery is fully charger prior to filming and if necessary I will take a break to charge the camera in the classroom away from others to minimise the risk of someone tripping over the wire. I think this risk is low because I have thought of a way to minimise the risk. I will also be putting signs on the doors around the college when filming to ensure consent of any participants in the video and to also make students/staff cautious of filming taking place. 




Because I plan to film at times where there are very little students/staff around the college site to make it easier for me to get the shots that I need this also ensures that the safety of students and staff is considered because there will not be any crowds of people who may not notice that filming is taking place and may injure themselves by tripping on the equipment. Smaller groups of people or people who are walking around site are more likely to be vigilant to their surroundings and it will also be more noticeable that I am filming without crowds of people wandering around site at the same time. 

2. The fire drills may be a hazard because any person in college may  not be aware that they are going to take place and act as if they are a real fire drill. This may cause them to panic. Therefore it is important for this to be communicated by estates to any person in college to ensure that they are made aware. However, I plan to film the fire drill audio during half term at 8:30am when there should be very little people around college site to minimise this risk. I also believe that this risk is low because I will be filming at a time that does not particularly implement students/staff and where this is not the case, the appropriate people will be informed before the drill takes place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment