Friday, March 22, 2019

Editing Screen Grabs

Experimenting with editing

Experimenting with overlaying images and different opacity levels 

Experimenting with the 'Film Dissolve' video transition to overlap images

Evaluation
Upon reviewing the footage I had for my music video it was evident that there were a lot of differences in appearance for each shot so I felt that it was important to play around with the transitions of the video to give it more of a seamless edge whilst remaining true to the subject's reality. The narrative does become distorted throughout the video due to drug use. I also made many cuts during shots to ensure that the image that was produced was only a snapshot in time and only from a specific angle which adds to the mystery behind the narrative. I added the 'film dissolve' transition for certain shots to make them look more appealing as I found that having contrasting shots could make the video appear too jolting and despite this being quite fitting for the subject, I still had to keep my audience in mind and consider what they would find most enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment