Thursday, May 9, 2019

Contingency Planning

Contingency Plan

Unfortunately due to complications within the company, I was unable to proceed further with my promotional video. I then had to find another client within a very short amount of time to ensure that I could make up for time already lost and to give myself the best chances of still being able to produce a high quality video.

My initial contingency plan was to produce a video within college as it is local to me and therefore easy accessible for filming and meeting with the client. It's also an environment I am familiar with so I won't have any problems locating different areas for filming. I have now decided to work with the Estates department in King Edward VI College to produce a fire safety/awareness video that can be distributed to both students and teachers. 


After having an initial talk with the estates manager, Paul, he made me aware of the need for a fire awareness video within college to support the safety of students. He showed me an information Powerpoint presentation he had produced about fire awareness and briefly talked me through it, making me aware of each fire exit and the types of fire doors and locks and the procedure to follow in the event of a fire. He emailed me the powerpoint for future reference and we came up with a brief plan of what needed to be produced. I then explained that I would do some research over the weekend and contact him next week to arrange a meeting to discuss any ideas in more detail to produce a plan before I commence filming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment